Education and training on 8 topics:
1. Introduction, background information
* Climatology: its objectives, its resources, the state of knowledge;
* The international and regional climate programs;
* The tasks and missions of a national center for climatology.
2. Meteorological observations and data quality
* Observations (surface and remote sensing). Inventory and ideas to find data;
* Quality and importance of metadata;
* Data Rescue.
3. Data acquisition
* From the sensor to the Database;
* Overview of different data formats that a climate service can use and manage (ASCII, BUFR, GRIB, NETCDF, TAC, TDCF).
4. Data management tools
* Database management system
* Statistical tools
* GIS (Geographic Information Systems)
5. Data control
* Surface data series traditional control;
* Combination of different data types (surface and remote sensing);
6. Data generation
* Different methods of data generation, including interpolation methods.
7. Standard products
* OMM-100 products overview - Climathèque/ Climascope/ Clisys tutorials;
* The climate indices.
8. Models and climate
* Presentation of different avalaible models;
* Seasonal forecasts;
* Climate change.