GFCS Implementation Plan and Governance Structure
The Implementation Plan provides a summary and prioritized list of activities that the international community has put forward since August 2011. This was achieved through an inclusive process of consultation meetings in all 5 pillars with more than 300 participating global experts and the collection of case studies of more than 60 nations. This collective knowledge was distilled into five Annexes, one on each of the pillars and four Exemplars, one for each priority area. The Annexes describe the needs that have to be overcome in the current landscape to achieve the goals set out in the Framework and describe priority activities that will deliver the benefits. The Exemplars gave rise to the opportunity for lead agencies of the priority areas to develop their view on the necessary elements for the delivery of the Framework.
The key needs and activities were lifted from each of those substructures to deliver the current Draft Implementation Plan.
- First Order Draft (April 2012)
- Second Order Draft (July 2012)
- Final Draft (August 2012)
- Report of the Extraodrinary Session of Congress (October 2012)
- Documents of the First Session of the Intergovernmental Board on Climate Services (July 2013)
- Writers of the Implementation Plan